There are a ton of reasons why I love being a social worker (which may surprise folks after my last blog), but I only have a moment to write, so I'm just going to share one that touched my heart.
Yesterday a teacher at one of my schools said that her students have the assignment of writing an essay about someone who has made a difference in their lives. A 13 year old boy who I work with couldn't decide whether he should write about me or his mom. Seriously? That's the best compliment ever.
1 month ago
2 comments:
I was wrestling with that very same issue just the other day. What can I do when I have such wonderful ladies in my life. You are one of my very favorite people in my life. I was sad to read your last post, but I am glad to see that you are on the mend, either that or getting some light therapy. I love ya Mon and I hope to see you very soon.
i never got to comment on your last post, but i'm glad to hear that you were able to find inspiration in the midst of the darkness. boy can i relate. i think that it is precisely because you get to those depths that you are good at what you do. you feel it all. it matters to you. as long as those moments of inspiration come along soon enough, we can stay afloat. keep your eyes open and your next raft will be by soon :)
Post a Comment