CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reasons why...Life is just plain tough.

There are so many things I don't understand about life, and I don't necessarily want the responsibility of understanding everything, but there are moments when I would like to get a glimpse of where my life and other peoples' lives are headed.

  • Sometimes my head tells me to go in one direction, but my heart says to go in another. Once I give in to my heart, it means I become vulnerable, and sometimes being vulnerable hurts.
  • Some people die young, and I think that it is so unfair. I imagine how much they had to offer this world and it doesn't make sense why they didn't get a chance.
  • It's difficult to watch so many kids make choices now that will have consequences that impact the rest of their lives. It's even more difficult to see when they've given up hope and can't see that life has options.
  • Most of us take our bodies for granted until something goes wrong to mess them up. I've been in pain 24/7 for almost 2 weeks now. It's physically and mentally exhausting, and yet I'm trying to be grateful that I can get out of bed in the morning, pain or not. After awhile, that's a lot easier said than done.
  • Figuring out who we are and letting our true selves shine through is so difficult and daunting, though once someone sees the real you, a new kind of freedom can be found. I just wish it wasn't so scary to let ourselves be authentic. Or maybe I just wish we didn't live in such a judgmental world.

I feel like I have so much more to write, but I just ran out of words...

2 comments:

KimT said...

I think it's time for a new blog post from MP- don't you?

Kristi said...

You're back! I'm so glad. I can't wait to see you soon.